UH Choir Spring 2022 Placement Audition
Choral placement auditions for the Spring 2022 semester will take place remotely and consists of three portions: 1.) Vocalise, 2.) Google Form, and 3.) Sight reading. Details for completing these components of the audition are below.
Who Should Complete This Placement
Anyone currently singing in UH Choirs in Fall 2021 and all singers who would like to sing in ManCorps, Soundscape or Concert Chorale in Spring 2022.
Note: New singers who would like to sing in University Chorus are not required to complete this placement, but are welcome to do so.
When Does This Placement Take Place
1. For students currently singing in a UH choir, Step 1 and 2 are due December 5, 2021. Your sight-singing audition will take place December 6 - 9.
2. For students new or returning to the UH Choral Program, Step 1 and 2 are due January 10, 2022. Your sight-singing audition will take place the week before classes begin. Fill out Google Form to see sight-singing appointment times.
Step 1: Record Your Vocalise
1. Record an audio recording of yourself vocalizing with the appropriate voice track below. When it gets too low or too high, drop out. It MUST be an audio file (ex. .mp3, .m4a) and no larger than 10MB. We recommend recording with "Voice Memos" if you have an IOS device.
2. When you have finished recording, double check your work to make sure you and the vocalization track can be heard. If the sound quality is poor, try adjusting your microphone placement, or recording with a different device.
Step 2: Fill out Google Form
1. Fill out the following Google Form. This is where you will upload your vocalise. You will also be asked to sign up for a Live Sight-Reading Appointment for Step 3.
2. Write down the date and time so you don't miss your Live Sight-Reading Appointment in Step 3.
Step 3: Perform Live Sight Reading Evaluation
Individuals will use Zoom to perform a sight reading exercise for a choral area faculty member.
Please be prepared to wait by your computer in the waiting room for up to 30 minutes to audition.
One of several possible sight reading exercises will be digitally delivered to you after you have entered the meeting.
You may encounter technical difficulties at any point during this audition process. Breathe -- we will work with you to make the process as painless as possible.
** If you have any questions/difficulties with the placement process, email Dr. Mueller at email@example.com.
Auditioned Choral Ensembles
Concert Chorale (MUSI 1122)
Meets MWF 1 - 2:20
Open by successful audition and prior participation in a UH Choir
Soundscape (MUSI 1121)
Meets MW 2:30 - 3:50
Open by successful audition
ManCorps (MUSI 1121)
Meets TTH 11:30 - 12:50
Open by successful audition
Non-Auditioned Choral Ensembles
University Chorus (MUSI 1120)
Meets TTH 2:30 - 3:50
Open to all singers without audition
Email Dr. Jeb Mueller at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information